posts tagged "recipes"
Chewy Chocolate Banana Oatmeal Bites! (only 64 calories each)
Been trying out a lot of banana recipes this summer, and I bring you a super quick treat that you can have ready in about 20 minutes
These are great at room temperature, and also good frozen!
(edit) warning: addictive…
What you’ll need:
- 2 large ripe bananas (about 250 grams)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon honey butter, melted and cooled (I used Downey’s Cinnamon Honey Butter, but you could use coconut oil/any neutral oil)
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup puffed rice cereal
- 1/2 cup dried fruit of choice (I used Navita’s goldenberries)
- 1/4 cup miniature dark chocolate chips (you don’t have to use mini, but these are bite sized treats so miniature chips more evenly distributes the chocolate)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powderHow to Make:
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mash the bananas and then mix into the mash the vanilla and melted butter
- Stir together the rest of the ingredients, then make a well in the center. Pour in the banana mixture and mix everything until well combined
- Using a tablespoon as your guide, drop each dough mound onto a cookie sheet lined with a silpat mat or piece of parchment
- Bake for 15 minutes on the middle rack of your oven, then allow to cool
Italian Turkey Burger Recipes (patty) - livefit
Makes 8 (5 oz burgers)
- 2 packages of ground extra lean turkey breast
- 4 medium zucchini, grated
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Set broiler on high, arranging rack so that burgers will be about 2 inches from the heat.
- In a large bowl, combine grated zucchini, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, dried basil, oregano, pepper and then turkey.
- Mix well and scoop out 4-to-5 oz portions. Mixture will be really moist so for easier clean up, use a foil-lined baking sheet, prepped with non-stick spray.
- Place burgers in oven and broil for 7 minutes. Carefully flip each burger and continue to broil for another 7 minutes on the other side. Serve warm.
Note: These are great at meatballs too! Make with spaghetti squash for a low carb meal.
As some of you have been asking for the cauliflower crust recipe, I decided to write it down; I hope this helps.
1) These are the ingredients I used: cauliflower, eggs, carrots and parsley. Of course you can skip the carrots or the parsley or even add other things.
2) Shred the cauliflower, watch out for your fingers, it might hurt a little.
3) Shred your carrots and add them.
4) Cut the parsley to tiny pieces, add eggs, salt and pepper.
5) Mix everything well!
6) Get your pan and heat up some oil – I used olive oil.
7) Fill the mixture inside of the pan, disperse it a little and put the top back on the pan.
8) Wait about 8 minutes. As long as your cauliflower crust roasts, you can make a nice cup of tea and cut all other ingredients that you want to put on top of your crust, be creative, everything is possible and absolutely delicious!
9) Flip your crust - It might be difficult and about to break – try to use a plate to flip it. Once you’ve managed this, let it roast on the other side for some more minutes.
10) Now decorate it with anything you want and enjoy this healthy heaven!
How to spice up your oatmeal.
In a small pot over medium heat, combine 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats, 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup milk (cow’s, soy, or almond), and a pinch of salt. Stir occasionally, until oats are thick, about 5 minutes. If indicated, stir in additional ingredients until warmed through, then pour into a bowl and add suggested toppings:
Blackberry Pie Oatmeal
Near the end of cooking, stir in 1/3 cup blackberries.
Top with: 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts, a few more blackberries, and 1 crushed graham cracker
Pumpkin–Cottage Cheese Oatmeal
Near the end of cooking, stir in 1/4 cup canned pumpkin and 1/4 cup cottage cheese.
Top with: toasted sliced almonds and a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg
Near the end of cooking, stir in 1 teaspoon cocoa powder and 1 tablespoon shredded coconut.
Top with: a few chocolate chips, 1 tablespoon slivered almonds, and a sprinkle of coconut
PB&J Crunch Oatmeal
Follow basic recipe.
Top with: 1 tablespoon crunchy peanut butter, 1 tablespoon jam, and a sprinkle of granola
Bacon and Cheese Oatmeal
Follow basic recipe.
Top with: 1 slice bacon, cooked and crumbled, 2 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese, 2 teaspoons maple syrup or balsamic vinegar, and 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or rosemary (optional)
Bread Pudding Oatmeal
Cut a slice of fruity bread, such as cinnamon raisin, into cubes. When oatmeal just starts to bubble and thicken, add bread cubes. Stir in 1 tablespoon raisins.
Top with: a pinch each of brown sugar and cinnamon and 1 tablespoon cream
Fluffy Banana Oatmeal
Add a thinly sliced very ripe banana to oats at the start of cooking. As oatmeal bubbles, whip the oats vigorously with a fork until banana slices melt away.
Top with: 2 tablespoons chopped salted peanuts and a drizzle of honey
Cooking tip: The basic version is easily doubled and can be made in advance. To reheat, add a few tablespoons of milk to the oatmeal and microwave 1 minute. Stir, and heat for another minut
- 3 medium russet potatoes, scrubbed, skin on, sliced into paper thin rounds 1mm to 1.5mm thick
- salt & pepper to taste* (if desired)DirectionsArrange potato slices in single layer on paper towel; cover with another paper towel; press out liquid; surface should appear dry. Sprinkle on desired seasonings. Arrange slices in single layer on microwave potato chip tray; or, on parchment paper that is sprayed with cooking oil on top of microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high until partially browned. The exact cooking time will vary, depending on the size and power of your microwave. An 1100-watt microwave takes approx. 3-4 min. to cook a tray. Transfer cooked chips to wire rack to cool and crisp. Store in air-tight container.
*ADDITIONAL SEASONINGS may be added before the chips are cooked:
—garlic salt or powder
—dry ranch dressing mix
—chili powder, cayenne, or taco seasoning
—dried herbs: basil, oregano, dill, rosemary, etc.
—get creative with your own flavor combos
Breakfast Idea! Bell Pepper ‘Egg In A Hole’
These are awesome and crazy fast to make. Put the pepper on medium heat, flipping once, for 3-5 minutes, before adding your eggs.
These make a great post workout snack too! :)
Healthy Berry Ice cream (88 cal per serving and fat free)
- 2 bananas
- 1.5 cup frozen berries (or fresh!)
- 2.5 cup spinach
- 1.5 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 tsp agave or honey (optional)
- Blend all ingredients together
- Put in ice cream maker until firm
- Eat it then or freeze it for later!
This recipe makes 6 servings (I ate one before I pictured it) of delicious ice cream! You don’t taste the spinach at all, and it’s totally adaptable to whatever berries you want to use. Each serving is only 88 calories, 0 g of fat, 6 g of protein, and 10 g of sugar (from fruit!)
These eggplant “tacos” are a tasty appetizer… It’s basically just a little round of baked eggplant with brie and cilantro in the middle, folded up like a mini taco! You could also serve them alongside a main course as a vegetable. I bake/roast the eggplant rounds on a greased cookie sheet, drizzled with olive oil (generously) plus a bit of sea salt if you wish. If you flip the eggplant half way through, it’ll get brown on both sides. About 8 minutes on each side worked for me- but watch them closely- if some slices are thinner, they’ll cook faster.
I could eat a whole plate of these….Enjoy!
By Erin Gleeson for The Forest Feast
Allrecipes.com is easily one of the best recipe sites online.. but sifting through a million recipes to find yummy & healthy recipes can be hard. The healthy section has a lot of lol-worthy “healthy” options (cinnamon sugar pork rinds? are you serious? in the healthy section? ok.) & There’s a ton of great healthy recipes buried in other sections around the site. Here’s a list of some worth looking at!
PS - when you change the number of servings, it automatically scales the ingredients down for you!
- Vegan Crepes
- Whole Wheat Pancakes
- Autumn Apple Salad
- Double Whole Grain Pancakes
- Egg White Crepes
- Fluffy Canadian Pancakes
- Dairy & Gluten Free Pancakes
- Eggy Veggie Bake
- Poached Egg Caprese
- Gluten Free Hot Breakfast Cereal
- Quinoa Pudding
- Omelet in a Mug
- Tofu Quiche with Broccoli
- Suppertime Egg Burritos
- Black Bean Breakfast Bowl
- Zucchini and Eggs
- Almond Chicken Salad
- Barbie’s Tuna Salad
- Vegetarian Sloppy Joes
- Avocado and Tomato Salad
- Black Bean Burger
- Bermuda Spinach Salad
- Avocado Egg Salad
- Vegetarian Chickpea Sandwich Filling
- Grilled Fish Tacos
- Cranberry and Cilantro Quinoa Salad
- Orzo and Shrimp Salad with Asparagus
- Vegan Falafel
- BBQ Tuna Fritters
- Asian Chicken Salad
- Simple Turkey Chili
- No Mayo Tuna Salad
- Coconut Curry Tofu
- Hawaiian Chicken Kebabs
- Garlic and Rosemary Chicken
- Vegetarian “Meatloaf”
- Paprika Chicken
- Lentils and Spinach
- Vegan Taco Filling
- Vegan Lasagna
- Thai Spiced BBQ Shrimp
- Whole Wheat & Honey Pizza Crust
- Cedar Planked Salmon
- Baked Salmon
- Taco Salad
- Tofu and Veggies in Peanut Sauce
- Stuffed Peppers
- Turkey Burgers
- Crispy Eggplant with Spicy Tomato Sauce
- Spaghetti Squash
- Peppermint Meringues
- Grilled Peaches with Gingersnaps
- Pumpkin Pie for Dieters
- Pumpkin Rice Pudding
- Spiced Baked Apples
- Gluten Free Garbanzo Bean Chocolate Cake
- Honeysuckle Pineapple
- No Bake Peanut Butter Nuggets
- Chocolate Banana Tofu Pudding
- Poppy Seed Fruit Salad
- Low Sugar Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
- Orange Sponge Cake Roll
- Fresh Fruit Minty Dip
- Dark Chocolate Bark
- Banana Cookies
- “Ice Cream” Sandwiches
- Baked Stuffed Pears
- Crunchy Macaroons
- Fruit Salsa & Cinnamon Chips
- Fruity Fun Skewers
- Baked Kale Chips
- Hard Boiled Egg
- Pita Chips
- Eggplant Chips
- Cajun Popcorn